Getting to Whitewater Ski Resort from Nelson BC
(Click on map to see it full screen)
Whitewater Ski Resort is located 22 kms outside of the city of Nelson. Head south out of Nelson along highway 6 (toward Salmo). Travel for approx. 12 km until you see the sign for Whitewater Ski Resort. Turn left and head up the mountain for another 10 km. Park and enjoy! Click HERE for printable Google Maps directions. If you would like slopefront service check out our Whitewater Shuttle operating daily throughout the season.
Queen City Shuttle offers shuttle service from Spokane International Airport. Click here to learn more.
Planning to fly?
- Canadian Rockies Internation Airport (Cranbrook, BC) - direct flights to Vancouver, Calgary and Edmonton.
- West Kootenay Regional Airport (Castlegar, BC) - flights to Calgary and Vancouver.
- Kelowna International Airport (Kelowna, BC) - International Airport that offers flights to a variety of locations on Air Canada and WestJet, including direct to Toronto.
- Spokane International Airport (Spokane, WA, USA) - International Airport with an abundance of affordable flights.
Planning to drive?
We work with Budget Car and Truck Rental to offer you discounts on your rental, anywhere from 5% - 25%.
Click HERE to receive your savings today!
Refer to our chart below for driving distances to Nelson. Check Google Maps for additional mapping and drive time information.
Need to find rides to Whitewater Ski Resort? Check out TheSkiLift.org. It's the world's largest ski rideshare and allows you to find users who live near you to carpool with, as well as check out profiles for smoking preference, and well as taste in music. Feel free to message users in British Columbia (or anywhere else), post on the wall, and post on Whitewater's rideshare board.
Kootenay Rideshare is a free service ot the community that helps to connect riders and drivers. Post a notice that you are looking for a ride or post a notice that you have room for those rideless! To visit their website click HERE.
If you have a question about travelling in the West Kootenay region please contact us!
|Castlegar||41 km||25 miles|
|Creston||114 km||68 miles|
|Cranbrook||230 km||143 miles|
|Spokane, WA||237 km||142 miles|
|Osoyoos||261 km||157 miles|
|Penticton||321 km||193 miles|
|Kelowna||338 km||203 miles|
|Kamloops||454 km||272 miles|
|Banff, Alberta||496 km||298 miles|
|Calgary, Alberta||624 km||374 miles|
|Vancouver||657 km||394 miles|
How big is a km (kilometer)? Travellers heading north from the US will notice our traffic signs are in kms and km/h. To convert kilometres to miles, multiply by .6 (eg. 10 km = 6 miles) For speed limits: 100 km/h = 60 mph. 80 km/h = 50 mph and 50 km/h = 30 mph.
Border Crossing Points
There are three main border crossing points for US visitors, but travellers should revise all opening hours when planning their trip.Travel Links Travel Diary
- When travelling to Nelson via Creston, you may want to head north to Crawford Bay where you can take a free ride on the Osprey 2000. This stylin' ferry was built in Nelson and is worth the trip!
- If you are travelling during the winter, be sure to check road conditions for your route (www.driveBC.ca). Road closures are common on mountain passes due to SO MUCH SNOW!
- Please watch for wildlife on our roads. It is not uncommon to see herds of deer, elk or the odd bear on the roads after dark.
- Enjoy your trip and we look forward to seeing you on the slopes at Whitewater Ski Resort!
........................................................................."Whitewater doesn't need all the bells and whistles that other ski resorts have adopted because Whitewater has exactly what everyone is looking for; lots to explore and beautiful snow. The food in the cafe is unbeatable & offers fair prices, plus healthy & delicious options." Michelle Renee